Does Paypal hold my money if I sell service on my website?

TonyWong
New Community Member

Hello community. I'm planning to sell my services for my company on my website that using Paypal Paygate. The transactions are average 1500-2000 $ each time. I want to know if Paypal does hold my money for 21 days or not. Because it's a service, I don't have the tracking number to show. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi TonyWong,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you’re a new seller with a short history with us, we may place a hold on your payment for up to 21 days from the transaction date. We aim to encourage faster delivery and ensure your buyer’s satisfaction. If you don't sell goods but service, your payment will be available in 21 days (if there are no issues reported on the payment). We aim to help you strengthen trust with your business partner. By doing this, you also help us to ensure a more secure online payment environment. Typically, your payment can be available sooner (in 7 days for domestic payments, 14 days for international payments) if you fulfil an order and mark it as “Shipped” (physical item) or “Processed” (digital goods or services) on the Transaction Details page on your PayPal account and there is no issue reported on this payment from your buyer.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.