Card reader

Mrlist
Contributor
Contributor

Just got my card reader. Lovely! however i need it to take card payments when clients are not with me. Is this possible? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Mrlist,

Glad you have received your card reader!

With PayPal Here your customer needs to be with you in order to accept payments - here is where you can read up on the product- https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader 

To accept credit and debit card payments over the phone, by fax or mail orders you would need to apply for Virtual Terminal. Here's how to apply for Virtual Terminal:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk .
  2. Click 'Business' at the top of the page.
  3. At the bottom of the page under 'More ways to get paid', click 'Get paid over the phone'.
  4. Click 'Get started'.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

Why?

To make our Banks reacher or you simply do not want to upset them by taking their business off their HIGHLY charged Card Machines and give them a chance?

Why not use your app on Tablets?

That way customers are like they were at home online and can pay there = NO Card Reader - LESS costs to us.

o I forgot, less profit for you and the Banks!

Login to Me Too

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

If you get orders from your website, you can use PayPal Express Checkout [FREE] and when a customer goes to payment, it asks if they wish to pay via PayPal account or if they do not have that, via Card at no extra cost to you other than the usual transaction costs -if I remember well.

Iit is also better for your 'annual' PCI [I hope you do have PCI Compliance - is obligitory]

Login to Me Too

tony_bobfan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I saw the page does not exist as well.

But the following seems to give some info about PayPal Here, see https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

HTH.

Tony.

PS: I don't work for PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.