Buyer stated item not received and requesting refund

DodgeT
New Community Member

Hi,

Thanks in advance for help....

I sold an item on ebay 1st Oct and received payment 1st Oct. I posted the item 2nd Oct and marked as posted on ebay. 

I sent it via RM and got proof of postage.

Weeks had passed then yesterday - 20th Nov, buyer raises a paypal dispute stating that he's not received the item and wants a refund.

I unfortunately did not record the tracking number onto ebay and have since (it's 7 weeks ago) lost the proof of postage, had the house upside down!

I chatted to ebay, and they said that I would be protected under ebay rules as he should have raised the dispute within 30 days. However, because the dispute has been raised with paypal, they could not advise what would happen.

I understand the guy's not happy that he didn't receive the item he's paid for, but to wait 7 weeks to raise the issue?

Ebay say im ok, but Paypal are holding the money (approx £70) out of my account while the dispute is in play.

If I had the proof of postage it would be easy, but after 7 weeks it's gone. I've rang the post office to ask if they can reprint as I know the date and address sent to etc, but no luck.

Any advice please?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

verg70
New Community Member

The quickest and easiest thing to do is to just give Paypal a call. A have always found them helpful. You can also ask them to make a decision based on all available evidence.

It is a pain that they can go through Paypal and not Ebay and I think that's why they do it. The main thing is to always add tracking if you send it tracked. Anything over £10 I would send tracked as there are a lot of scammers out there, because they know they can get away with it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.