Am I being scammed?

Grace9
New Community Member
Hi I purchased a smart watch on eBay from a seller with no feedback. I paid straight away and minutes later I received a despatch notice. She then emailed me saying that she would despatch Monday. This didn't worry me as I've had notices on a Sunday before so know it's not unusual. She then messages me again and says that as she's new to PayPal they'll hold her funds so asks that I accept a refund and pay into another PayPal account. I've told her that I won't pay again until the funds clear in my account but something doesn't sit quite right so I'm hoping you can advise if I'll be covered by PayPal if she's trying to scam me. I tried eBay customer services and they were next to useless and just said that it can happen. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Kenlar
Contributor
Contributor
Seller based holds are to protect u the buyer. Put simply new sellers must provide tracking, show delivery, no disputes from u. Once 21 days passes funds are released.

This is only for the first 90 days of a new sellers account to establish trust, confirm seller is real and most importantly u get what u ordered.

I would not pay outside of how u paid and ordered online. To have buyer based protection. Caution, not to be silly my gut or Spiderman senses are tingling (movie quote). Does not feel safe. Move on if refund or tell seller. I stay will how I paid or refund my order.

One last comment if any mention of family/ friend run. Sending money to another PayPal account is only protected when goods/services is picked. Caution....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.