Money not on my bank

sharacazon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I transferred my money last Saturday morning, I was expecting it would appear on my bank by Monday  which I usually do but it did not. I transferred again by Tuesday 3 am, and had it on bank  by Tuesday night (w/ch I always do) but still the money I transferred last Saturday is still not on bank. This is the first time I experienced this, and it gets me a little worried. 

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

sharacazon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for having us know, paypal's reply. When did you transferred your money?

Login to Me Too

kusabibi
Contributor
Contributor

That was way back October 13 (Friday last week)

If my hunch is right, this might have something to do with the surprise holidays we got in the Philippines. It may or may not have affected the central bank's clearing process, which in turn, caused some delays. However, take this as a grain of salt as I'm no expert. As long as paypal says that it will step in in the event that the money is still not around on the 8th day, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is a hassle though and no one can deny that.

Login to Me Too

sharacazon
Contributor
Contributor

We transferred on the same date. That was also my thought at first it could be because of the Monday-Tuesday no class, no office. But I made another transaction on Monday, (tuesday dawn our time) and I got it from my bank by Tuesday night. 

Login to Me Too

kusabibi
Contributor
Contributor

If that's the case then I think the funds that were withdrawn last week might have gone into money limbo or something like that. Right now, the only thing I can think of where this is going is us, ending up asking paypal to trace where our hard-earned money went to. Hopefully, they do it in a timely manner. I don't expect the funds popping into my bank account now, but at least, paypal will be made aware. If it does, then the better, but either way, we'll just have to wait for it. Fortunately, I didn't withdraw a huge amount or I would be cussing paypal in every post that I do here 

Login to Me Too

TrishaDC
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred some money around October 13. Until now, I haven't received any. However, I transferred money from Paypal to BPI around 6am Tuesday and I received it at night the same day.  

Login to Me Too

kusabibi
Contributor
Contributor

I think Paypal's going to have a lot of back tracking to do next week. If I'm not mistaken, majority (if not all) of these issues are from the Philippines. It might have something to do with the surprise non-working holidays that we've got. Let's blame the... nah, I'm just kidding. Hopefully these issues get rectified soon. I'm getting tired with the same responses that Paypal agents are sending whenever I message them. It's as if those people are totally clueless of what's going on at all.

Login to Me Too

chiqmagnet
Contributor
Contributor

that's what I thought. it's probably because of the holidays. unfortunately for me, I took everything out of my account. only thing we can do is wait it out until the 24th. wouldn't do any good if we call them now. they're just going to give us some federal reserve processing stuff. And, without you noticing it, you're going to go back and forth with your bank and paypal. Sh*t is crazy. glad everyone's updating their own issues. hope everything goes well.

Login to Me Too

kusabibi
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. All we can do for now is wait. This is the last message that I got from them. This is the first time that I've experienced it though and I'll be a bit smarter next time not to transfer my money from paypal to bank. Not only is it costly, but things like this also happen from time to time. Good thing there are pre-approved payment plans like Gcash.

Good day!

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. This is Tiffany again and I appreciate your time to follow up on this withdrawal that is not posted on your bank.

We are aware that the withdrawals made last October 13 and 14 are not posting on your bank at the same time we can not confirm if this is an issue yet. We need to stick to our normal time frame which is 5 to 7 business days. What I can guarantee you, is that we have already successfully batched out your money from our system. I assure you that if in any case the money is not posted on your bank on the 25th, we will file a trace for us to communicate with your bank to locate where your funds are.

We truly appreciate your patience for this.

Sincerely,
Tiffany 
PayPal

Login to Me Too

chiqmagnet
Contributor
Contributor

now they're saying its the 25th. that trace takes a couple of weeks, if it comes to that. hope it doesn't. you ever tried Gcash? is it any good?

Login to Me Too

kusabibi
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I just did and it is a lot faster than having to wait for the clearing process of our country's banking system. I literally had to wait for less than a minute to get my money 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.