Money not on my bank

sharacazon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I transferred my money last Saturday morning, I was expecting it would appear on my bank by Monday  which I usually do but it did not. I transferred again by Tuesday 3 am, and had it on bank  by Tuesday night (w/ch I always do) but still the money I transferred last Saturday is still not on bank. This is the first time I experienced this, and it gets me a little worried. 

Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

kusabibi
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. This is the first time that I didn't get the money by Monday night after making the transfer on the prior Friday. Is there something wrong with paypal right now?

Login to Me Too

sharacazon
Contributor
Contributor

I checked my bank this morning, and still not showing. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

josephine3000
Contributor
Contributor
i usually make a transfer from paypal to my bank account on saturday morning and normally the funds hits my account on Monday afternoon. however, its already thursday and still the funds are still not credited on my account. what is happening? should i also contact my bank to inquire on the delay?
Login to Me Too

sharacazon
Contributor
Contributor
Hi is your money now on your bank? I checked this morning and still none. I am gonna check it tonigt and I hope it would.
Login to Me Too

msaor02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I had two withdrawals last October 13 and 14. The first one was successfully transferred to my bank account but the other one is still not. I went to my bank this morning and upon seeing my transaction history, there is "no" transfer occured on October 14th. Can i still get my money back? What if my client sends another payment on Saturday night and the same issue happen again? Is paypal really secure?

Login to Me Too

sharacazon
Contributor
Contributor
I already went to my bank and they are saying they cannot trace nor can answer. Paypal is the only concern about this since they are only receiving. I am really really worried about this.
Login to Me Too

kusabibi
Contributor
Contributor

These are their responses; 

Hi! I'm Chris from PayPal Customer Support and we appreciate your time for contacting us today.

The reason why it takes 5 to 7 business days is because PayPal uses a process called ACH (Automated Clearing House) t o move groups of transactions to and from various financial institutions even though your PayPal balance is debited immediately. All of the amounts of money is being processed by ACH by batches.

Since PayPal doesn't have direct access to your bank account, we don't have an option to monitor the withdrawal to your bank account but I can definitely assure you that it will only take 5 to 7 business days for it to appear in your bank.

I also want to assure you that the 5 to 7 business days is just the maximum time frame. There are some cases that the funds will be deposited in your bank sooner but it will not take more than 5 to 7 business days.

I highly suggest for you to keep an eye on your bank statement within the said time frame to identify if the funds are already deposited in your bank. We can only file a trace if the money is not within your bank account after the 8th business day since the withdrawal was initiated.

We value you as part of the PayPal family and it is very important for me to address your concerns. I hope you recommend us to your family and friends.

Thank you for choosing PayPal. Have a good day!

Sincerely,
Chris
PayPal

Thank you again for taking the time to contact PayPal. My name is Emmanuel and I hope you are doing great!

I understand that it is not usual for you to wait longer to receive money. Let me explain that to you.

Once you initiated the withdrawal, PayPal follows a batching process. That batch is consist of withdrawals from all PayPal customer during that time frame. When the batch is full, we process it to the clearing houses to be forwarded to your bank.

I can assure you that you will get your money within the said time frame.

You are welcome. We are always happy to hear from our PayPal members. We at PayPal take pride in our service, and it's a pleasure for us to know that you're a satisfied PayPal customer and that your issue has been resolved. We hope you'll tell your friends about our service.

Sincerely,
Emmanuel
PayPal

Good day! My name is Xena from PayPal Customer Support.

I understand that you want to cancel the withdrawal and transfer it in another way.

The money you have withdrawn is going through the clearing process before it gets posted to your account. You money was forwarded to the automated clearing house which is the Central Bank of the Philippines. The clearing process normally takes 5-7 business days to complete.

Since the money was successfully batched out of the system, the option to cancel it is not applicable. I assure you that the funds should post as early as October 20, 2017 and no later than October 24, 2017.

Your money is on its way. Take care and have a great day!

Thank you for contacting PayPal. If you require any further assistance, click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page to get started. If you contact us by email, we may try to reach you by phone for a better service.

Sincerely,
Xena
PayPal

If there's any common denominator, it would point to October 24 at the latest. This was the first time that this happened though, so I'm a bit bothered. Anyhow, on the 8th day that the bank still doesn't receive it, they'll probably try to track it out. Best not to do bank transfers I guess. Something like Gcash (here in the Philippines) as a pre-approved payment plan would be better as the transfer is almost instant and has nothing to do with holidays.

Login to Me Too

TrishaDC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I'm also experiencing the same problem. Mine was supposed to go to BPI but it's been a week. I would just like to ask how you were able to contact them or get a response from them. I tried the message center but they replied with something generic. 

Thank you very much. 

Login to Me Too

kusabibi
Contributor
Contributor

This is the first that it happened to me. It may unlikely happen again, but just to be on the safe side, perhaps you can just keep your balance in case you receive anything and wait for the one you haven't received yet to be successfully transfered. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.