Zoom money transfers do they actually happen?

Frank116
New Community Member

Has anyone had problems using "Zoom"?

I am an American living in Vietnam. I came here to get married and I am waiting on a petition approval so that my wife (and now our 6 month old son) can legally go to the United States. Since I am not working here, I need to send myself and my wife money to live on. I can pay for groceries with a credit card but our rent and other expenses needs cash payments. It is not just a luxury for us to get MY money, it's a necessity.

I tried sending money twice both times having the transfer cancelled with no explanation other than they couldn't verify anything.

The first time I got to the bank account (where the money comes from) verification step but when I copd and pasted my checking password the "continue" button remained subdued. I didn't know what else to do so I chose to continue without verification. I called the phone number in San Francisco and told the agent my problem and was asked to send a photocopy of my driver's license which I did. I also sent a copy of a driver's license I have in Vietnam as well as my Veteran's Administration ID. I got an email telling me the transfer had been cancelled. I don't know how a bank account could be verified with a driver's license but they asked me for it and it did no good.

I decided to try again, remembering that some websites are designed by imbeciles who don't know anything about web design. When I got to "bank account verification", the Chase Bank window came up and this time I entered each character individually and it worked. The "continue" box became totally visible. I clicked that and when through a summary page and complete transaction. I was shown a page that said everything was complete and that an email was also went out with a transaction number. I got an email that said the transaction was CANCELLED! Again!  

I entered a password  to get into paypal, then a password for my checking account at Chase bank, I gave them my home address and phone number, I talked to three different customer agents. 

I have received at least 10 solicitation emails from Paypal asking me to send money through this service. The first and second time I try, I end up making 3 overseas phone calls and sending copies of documents for nothing.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.