Checking account

SteveKilby
New Community Member

It seems that my ebay purchases are coming out of my checking account instead of my paypal account or maybe coming out of both. They show up on eacj statement. Am I doing something wrong or getting charged twice? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @SteveKilby,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you would like to have your bank account as a preferred funding source, here is how to do so. Sometimes, though, your preferred payment method is not available as our system reviews every transaction and may change the payment method for security reasons. When you complete the payment, though, you always see which funding sources are available to you for that specific purchase and you also have the option to select a different one form the one selected by the system. 

To see which funding source was used for your payments, simply click on the transaction ID in the 'Activity' section of your account and you will be able to see if you paid with your PayPal balance or your checking account. Please note that when you pay using PayPal, the transaction will always show in your PayPal activity even if you did not use your PayPal balance as a funding source. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.