Unauthorized transaction.

Kardia640
New Community Member

I usually don't use my PayPal that much. I was checking my Checking account which is also linked to my PalPay and noticed several suspicous transations from PayPal that drained my account to -77.01$ from a balance of about 18$ hit with three charges of 32$ from PayPal. So I logged onto my PalPal account and noticed that there were three 40$ transactions to a spoof website called smallmediumorlarge.com (Which I've reported). There was also a pending transacation of 400$ that I canceled. Obviously I was hacked; I've submitted a dispute case for each one. Since this also involves my checking account will that change anything? Should I file a police report? I'm not sure what else I can do, or what to expect. I called my bank and they said they couldn't do anything about it or waive any of those charges.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nikkii_07
New Community Member

I would call Paypal customer service and ask them, and call the number that is listed on the PP website.... You did right by opening a case too.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Kardia640,

Welcome! 

nikkii_07 is absolutely right--filing the case was the right action to take for us to start investigating. 

Also, make sure to change your password, and security question on your account if you haven't already. 

Don't worry--you are 100% covered against unauthorized transactions with PayPal! 

If you have a chance, check out this information on how to stay safe online! 

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.