Think I fell for a scam. Now what?

pmsingmomof3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Last week I had purchased something online. A few days later I received one of those emails asking me to fill out all kinds of info. It said that it did not have the right information on file. This is true, I forgot I lost and replaced my debit card. So, the idiot that I am filled it out. Now as I type this I am shaking like a leaf. I sent the email to the spoof@....what ever it was. Nothng is missing from my bank account. It asked me for my ss# though. When I started to question it, I logged into paypal and my account number was suddenly changed to the right one. So I don't know if it was legit or not.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

pmsingmomof3- First off, love the forum name 😄 I lol'd.

On a serious note though, I'm very sorry that you've had this happen.  People out there phishing for your personal info are pretty low.  I'm glad that nothing is missing from your bank and I hope it stays that way.  Your best bet at this point would probably be to notify the credit bureaus that your information is possibly out there; they can place a flag on your credit so if someone tries something they'll let you know.

Hope this helps!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.