Should I be concerned?

YungICY
Contributor
Contributor

I put an ad on craigs list and an interested buyer requested I use paypal because he is out to sea for work and doesnt have online banking. Should I be concerned.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yes you should - it's a scam.

If he doesn't have online banking, he couldn't possibly be using Paypal because you have to verify your account with online banking.

Login to Me Too

YungICY
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for reply, i am a marine engineer, i am at sea right now. I am buying this for my son as a surprise gift. I can  only pay through paypal at the moment as i dont have access to my bank account online(i dont have internet banking with it), but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address to make the payments, and if you dont have a paypal account yet, you can set one up at....it cant take you less than 3mins to do that, i will be expecting your paypal email so l can pay.  I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted, and also do get back to me with your best offer. l will be waiting for your reply asap

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL EMAIL I RECIEVED
Login to Me Too

rickrms
Contributor
Contributor

I just received the same exact email from a Brenda caff.  from a gmail account.  looking to purchase my Hummer sight unseen and email was exactly like what you just posted.  and she keeps asking me for my paypal email so she can send payment.  

Login to Me Too

lfisch
Contributor
Contributor

BRENDA does have a PayPal account using the same email address, only the name is Jack.

Login to Me Too

YungICY
Contributor
Contributor

^^^^I guess that pretty much answers my question then. Thanks guys. Much appreciation.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Yep, they're all pretty standard scams.

Login to Me Too

jesch404
New Community Member

am I ok??

Login to Me Too

jesch404
New Community Member

oooppppsss here is what I got

Hi thanks for reply, i am a marine engineer, i am at sea right now. I am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift. l will  offer you the $7,500 and l only pay through paypal at the moment as i dont have access to my bank account online(i dont have internet banking with it), but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal money request or email address to to make the payments, and if you dont have a paypal account yet, you can set one up at up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted,and also do get back to me with your best

was requesting to a stephenjoo

from Ronyound1

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

That's a scam, too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.