Services Scam by Paypal member

Bradmph
Contributor
Contributor

I sent 2 scanner radios to a paypal memebr to be repaired. This member advertises online that this is his occupation and we made an agreement for this repair service. I sent the radios to him and followed up with a $50 Paypal transaction for services. I sent the radios to him through postal boxed mail and insured them. He received the items because I received an email stating this. When he suposely completed the repairs, he said he sent the radios back to me and I have never received them or any notice of shippment from him. I told him that the package has not been received and to send proof of shipment or insurance, return receipt request or some kind of proof showing what he apparently says he did. He could not produce anything that could verify that he was telling the truth about returning my property. This person sells on Ebay and advertises on Ebay and the internet as a business and I felt was a legit service and it  was not. He has not returned my property and refuses to compensate me for a loss of my property because of his ilegitimate practices, fraudulant claims of returning property or atleast showing proof of the shipment of customers merchandise. I would not doubt for a second do to his refusal to show legit proof  of shipment that he has done this more then once to others. I believe that this person using a business front on Ebay and Paypal for online transactions and merchandise cost exchanges is doing so as a criminal activity that can rarely be confronted by authorites. I am going to inform as many agencies I can to place this person into the light of investigation and hope maybe that they can stop him from doing this to anyone else. I feel this kind of crime goes unchecked probably just about everywhere, it needs to be stopped. This is the information on this persons business and it looks that he has found a place and long past of fraudulant lost postal shipments of customer property. I wonder if the IRS would like to check out his taxes since he excepts cash for services.

Seller Reputation: (1087) Verified Buyers
Account Status:  Verified 
Account Type:  CA Business 
Account Creation Date:  Jan 12, 2001 
PayPal Member For:  9 years 11 months 7 days

•Member does not accept eCheck payments when using PayPal Website Payments

*Contact information removed in accordance with Community Guidelines*

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Bradmph,

Welcome to the PayPal community forums. I'm sorry your first post had to be about a bad experience.

Even though your payment was for a service and not covered under Purchase Protection, you can still file a dispute so that your complaint about the seller's practices will be on record at PayPal. This is important because if there are other people who have had the same experience, multiple complaints will bring the activity to our attention more rapidly. If members are found to be abusing the PayPal or eBay system, we take action to prevent them from using the services.

In addition, we cooperate with Law-Enforcement and Federal agencies at all times, in all matters.

Below is a list of official government web resources to help you report and learn about Internet Fraud.

• Internet Crime Complaint Center - ic3.gov
  • National Fraud Information Center - fraud .org
  • Department of Justice - Onguardonline.gov

I hope this helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.