Potential Fraud?

mossanimal
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a custom knife maker and I accepted paypal payment up front for a knife.  I made the knife and sent it to the customer.  He contacts me to inform me that he hasn't recieved and asks what address I used. I told him I used the one on his paypal account.  He then told me that he had given me an address to use in a previous email and that paypal wasn't letting him change his old address.  I looked back... and there it was... a brief statement just saying 'please send to... '  nothing about NOT using the paypal account.   My delivery confirmation showed that it was delivered and the customer informed me that it was his old address and it is currently unoccupied.  The package was apparently not there anymore and he told me he asked the USPS to look into it.

I understand that I should have sent it to the address that he told me too... but there was no emphasis and no indication that his unverified Paypal address was not correct.   Since his address is NOT verified, it is my option to not make him another knife... but if this is truly a legitimate situation then I feel I should.

Opinions???  Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mossanimal
Contributor
Contributor

anybody know where I can find help on this????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.