I spoke to a PayPal Rep who told me firearm sales are strictly prohibited

gunsrus
New Community Member

I spoke to a Paypal CSR who told me that any sales/payment to purchase a firearm is strictly forbidded  on PayPal.  Was she wrong?  I sure would like to know.  Gunbroker.com processes hundreds of transactions per day! She even told me items related to firearms such as optics, lightings or any type of firearm accessory is forbidded.  Heck, she even told me BB guns and Paintguns are not allowed.....NOW WHAT IS THE POLICY!  I was looking for an optic on ebay the other day and it showed it on an AR.  Ebay told me that was not allowed.  I guess if you bring in enough money for either one they look the other way when it comes to policy.

GunsRUs

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Andy

gunsrus-  The CSR you spoke with was correct; the sale of firearms through PayPal is forbidden under our Acceptable Use Policy.  There are certain things that are allowed, but they are somewhat limited, especially the ones prohibited under law.  If you have concerns with a company violating our policy, by all means you can send an email to aup@paypal.com with the information and we'll look into it.

Andy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi guys!

Having actually spent some time on gunbroker.com, this particular company lines out very specific instances where PayPal can and cannot be used on their listings for the benefit of their members.  As Andy mentioned, the sale of firearms and some firearm related items are not allowed under the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy, which can be accessed via links at the bottom of any page (look for the legal agreement and then the acceptable use policy). 

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.