HELP!! NEW AT THIS

stupida-s
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email stating that I needed to refund $400 to the buyer before I could receive my money. I don't feel like I should have to refund money to someone when I know they have the item that they purchased and I still have not got any proof that I am going to receive my money. The name that I am supposed to send the Western Union MOney transfer to is not the name that I sent the item to. What do I do? I am already out my item that I sold, $125 to send it overnight and now they are asking for $400 before I even receive anything.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

stupida-s
Contributor
Contributor

Also, the item has already been shipped. What do I do if someone has my item and I still don't have the money, have I just lost it all with no way of getting any money or item back??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

stupida-s-  Uh...problem.  PayPal in no way has anything to do with Western Union nor will we require shipping before you have the money.  Even if we put the money on hold pending delivery, you would still be able to see that money being held in your account.  I would contact your parcel carrier and see if they can recall the package, but there's a very good chance that you are out the item, the money, and any other money that you contributed to them.  If you received any emails from 'PayPal' telling you to do these things, they are not from us and I would recommend forwarding them to spoof@paypal.com because we like to keep track of who's using our name fraudulently.  Beyond that you could try law enforcement to see what your options are.  I am very sorry that you've had this happen to you. 😞

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.