Curious about PayPal email

Confused_in_Atl
New Community Member

2 weeks ago I received an email about my PayPal account with accurate transaction fee and date so I never assumed it was a spoof.  However, I was curious as to why I was being asked to contact customer service by calling another country and if it's not a spoof email WHY would I need to place a toll call to another country and pay $0.14/minute.  So I called PayPal and asked why, how and/or whether this was something new at PayPal.  I was transferred and ultimately reached support whole told me that it was probably spoof and to forward it to paypal and ask them to respond to my concern about someone in another country telling me to call them and how they were able to identify my accurate financial data and basically confirm whether it was "real" or "spoof".  To date, not one has responded so I phoned PayPal again today and again NO ONE can help identify whether the number in my email is real and how someone (possibly from another country) was able to access my account with enough information to request that I direct concerns to their country's toll phone number.

So my question to the community is, has anyone had a similar experience and did you ever reach anyone at PayPal who was able to help determine what's happening?

The paragraph in my email read:

"Don' t hesitate to call customer support at  0180 500 66 27 (Mon-Fri 8.30am till 7pm and Sat-Sun 9am till 7.30pm, Costs for calls from a landline are 14 Cent/Min., from a mobile network 42 Cent/Min.) should you require any further assistance."

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.