Surprise - High rate for non-profit

GNF-Nonprofit
New Community Member

How is it that our non-profit organization is to make any money if the fees take a huge percentage?  Do anyone know of a service that takes into consideration start up organization needing a leg up...verses cutting a leg off?

Luna, Cultural Liaison for a Hawaiian Living Cultural Center in Waimea, Island of Hawaii.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Amanda411

Hi GNF-Nonprofit,

Welcome!

Charities that provide documentation of 501(c)3 tax status are eligible to receive reduced fees for donations received from the hosted payment flow. These include email payments, donate button payments, and viral badge donations. PayPal automatically applies the charity pricing rates to qualified US 501(c)3 accounts.

Discounted rates do not apply to transactions made using Website Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

cyclist
Contributor
Contributor

@Amanda:

Question... our non-profit has one day per year where "Virtual Terminal" would be a good fit for us.

Can we use "Virtual Terminal" for just one month per year? Turning it off after our event, then re-instating it for use the next year?

At our recent fund-raiser event, I used one laptop and buttons, without "Virtual Terminal" and we have ended up with a bit of a mess.... 17 credit card transactions in the "resolution center."

Ouch!

All of these transactions are authentic and valid.

We want to expand our web-payment presence next year, but want to avoid the "resolution center" for sure.

Thank you for your comments and guidance!

Login to Me Too

CFCBC
New Community Member

Amanda,

Our nonprofit just established an account with PayPal. I have been looking for over an hour and I have yet to find instructions on HOW to document our 501 (c) (3) status with PayPal. MissionFish was fairly easy. We electronically uploaded the documentation and were approved in 24 hours. Where are the instructions for doing this on PayPal?

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.