Sending money from Tunecore to PayPal

brianlewis
Contributor
Contributor

Does PayPal charge you a fee for moving your money from TuneCore to your PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi brianlewis,

Welcome! 🙂

The fee will depend on how TuneCore has integrated their system with PayPal.  It's possible there could be a fee.  I searched on their site to see if I could find out how they disburse funds to PayPal but I could only find this help article about how to withdraw funds.

http://help.tunecore.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7/kw/paypal

If I had to guess, I would say they probably send out funds automatically using PayPal's Mass Payment APIs.  If that's the case, I wouldn't expect you to be charged a PayPal fee at all. 🙂

I recommend contacting TuneCore to find out for sure.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

brianlewis
Contributor
Contributor

I just heard back from Tunecore, and they do not charge anything for me taking my money out of Tunecore and sending it to PayPal.

Their system provides the user with a choice of where to send our own money, they don't send it on our behalf.

As I have only sent money to a few other folks, and also received payments from a few others, I know that if I send a business associate money to his personal account PayPal charges him a fee. I also know that some business deposit money directly into my account and PayPal does not charge me a fee. I know when another business associate puts money into my account I am charged a fee.

As no one has direct experience with Tunecore and PayPal, I will just have to send a small amount when I first get paid to see what happens, and I will take it form there.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.