Paypal to Paypal payment fees?

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to figure out how much the fee is,if any,when someone pays for a product using their paypal account. I didnt think there was a charge for this kind of transaction,but it seems every purchase someone makes cost me. Could someone explain it for me?? I have typed fifteen different questions in the search bar on this topic with no results.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Everyone,

In the US, the fees are the same for all account types, and can be seen in full here:  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

In general, this will be 2.9% + 0.30 USD, plus an additional 1% if the sender is outside of the US. 

If you choose to convert funds in your account, a fee is applied to process the currency conversion (just as your bank does when converting funds).

There is not, however, a waiver for the first $500 received if funded by any specific funding source, for any account type. 

Hope this clarifies,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

coffee2u2
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Adrian wrote:

Everyone,

In the US, the fees are the same for all account types, and can be seen in full here:  https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

In general, this will be 2.9% + 0.30 USD, plus an additional 1% if the sender is outside of the US. 

If you choose to convert funds in your account, a fee is applied to process the currency conversion (just as your bank does when converting funds).

There is not, however, a waiver for the first $500 received if funded by any specific funding source, for any account type. 

Hope this clarifies,

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Augrenel
New Community Member

Perhaps this will explain it better, and someone PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong. I can BUY $500 worth of items online using PayPal before Paypal starts charging me for each transaction.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Augrenel,

Oh no, definitely not - PayPal doesn't charge buyers for purchasing something online (unless you need us to convert currencies for you, say from US dollars to British Pounds).  Just as your local grocery store doesn't charge you more to pay at their register, PayPal won't charge you more to pay at theirs.  Smiley Happy

Hope this helps to clarify,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.