Paypal deposit

burkhalp
New Community Member

When I try to get into my paypal account from the email sent that states a deposit has been made, I get an error message stating that my password is incorrect..  I've reset the password several times to the same password and it will still not accept it.  It will allow me to enter the website when I go directly to paypal.com with the password.  I've never used paypal before and am trying to find out where the deposit has been made.  It is not in my bank account.  I do not want to ship this item without confirmation that the money is deposited into my bank account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

burkhalp- So...I have a concern here.  If there's a link on an email that PayPal sent you (which there shouldn't be), and you click on it and it says you have the wrong password, but then you can go to the PayPal site and log in with that password....that seems suspicious.  When you go to our site, do you see the money in your account balance that the email says is there?  If not, I think you've received a phishing email and have possibly compromised your password when you typed it in that link.

I would recommend logging in to PayPal from the site (not the link :)) and changing your password from the 'Profile' link. Before that, you may want to run a virus scan to make sure that you didn't pick something up from that email.  If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call so we can look things over for you and help you out.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.