I need help understanding some things....

Whitecap
Contributor
Contributor

Okay,

1. Does it cost more or is there fees to have a premeir account opposed to a basic/personal account?

2. Do I get charged for taking money out of an ATM with my paypal debit card?

3. Who else thinks paypal is a rip off?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

johnnyd714
New Community Member

Definately a rip-off. If you charge something, say at the beginning of the month. Make sure to login or call to check when that payment is due. Logically a payment would be due sometime at the beginning of the following month(WORSE CASE SCENARIO). Not with Paypal. Your payment will be due sometime in the same month. I had a zero balance, charged $20 dollars for convenience, never was sent a statement, but had a payment of $10 due on the $20 that very same month. I logged in to my account to find a $15.99 late fee has been assessed ($15.99 ON $20.00 THAT WAS CHARGED LESS THAN A MONTH AGO).  WHAT A CROCK! I HATE PAYPAL BUYER CREDIT---DON'T USE IT----BUYER BEWARE!!!!.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The PayPal member's account type is no longer used to determine whether a fee is charged. PayPal fees are now determined by the payment type - a Purchase Payment or a Personal Payment.

For Purchase Payments, the recipient of the payment will always pay the fee. A Purchase Payment involves buying and selling goods or services, and payments received when you send a "request money" using PayPal.

For Personal Payments, the fee, if any, is based on the Payment Method and the location of the sender and recipient.  A Personal Payment involves sending money to and receiving money from friends and family without making a purchase.

The "Fees" section of PayPal's User Agreement has all the details... here's the link to the "Fees" section...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en...

There are fees associated with the use of PayPal's debit card. The PayPal Debit Card Agreement lists when fees will apply... here's the link to the PayPal Debit Card Agreement...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/DebitCard_full&locale.x=en_US

Login to Me Too

CollectibeCurio
New Community Member

I had some of the same questions as the author of the post.  I read the fees, and remain a bit unsure.  If you use the debit card to make a purchase, is there a fee, or is that just on cash withdraws?  And if so, how does cash back at the regester work?

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.