Fees for 4200.00 transaction from Italy.

oldparadio
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know how much it would cost to receive 4200.00 USD from italy on PayPal? Then I could bill him for this fee I have to absorb.

THANKS!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The standard fee for a cross-border payment is 3.9% plus 30 cents, however... it's a violation of PayPal's user agreement for the seller to charge the buyer a fee for accepting PayPal payments... it's called a surcharge and is prohibited. Here's the text and link to the PayPal user agreement... 

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The standard fee for a cross-border payment is 3.9% plus 30 cents, however... it's a violation of PayPal's user agreement for the seller to charge the buyer a fee for accepting PayPal payments... it's called a surcharge and is prohibited. Here's the text and link to the PayPal user agreement... 

4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&...

Login to Me Too

oldparadio
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot...

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Here the link to a PayPal fee calculator...

http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm

Login to Me Too

Kimmarie
Contributor
Contributor

What a great tool! Thanks!

Login to Me Too

bronco87

how is it that some one can buy something and have you the seller pay the shipping before the money is released from paypal

Login to Me Too

pikachoo
Contributor
Contributor

That's paypal's new fund holding policy. If you choose to ship, while payment is pending paypal will reimburse the amount it cost you to print the label within minutes by releasing that much back to you from the funds they are holding. The only other option is to contact the buyer and make other payment arrangements. The only thing you can do with the pending funds is "refund" them to the buyer. If this is an ebay transaction funds are supposed to be released as soon as the buyer leaves positive feedback. That ebay connection proves it's not just paypal, but ebay combined with this new "fund holding" they are slapping on sellers left & right.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.