Why does PayPal have to review donations?

babybaker2b
Contributor
Contributor

I have a friend that is helping me setup my business, e.g. startup costs, inventory stock and such, and made several donations via the donation link I created using the paypal tools, However, PayPal took it upon themselves to hold these funds, causing several issues with my payments for supplies to be declined, due to the fact I didnt know the funds were held. I emailed asking for help, and never got a response, and now I have no clue as to when these funds will be released. Can you tell me why my donations were held, and how long until I will have access to these funds?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

rudic
New Community Member

and they still havent answered you my friend, paypal **bleep** big ones 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi babybaker2b and rudic, and welcome to the forums!

The PayPal Community Help Forums are a venue for member-to-member communication. There are Moderators monitoring the forums who are able to answer a few posts here and there, but for direct support from PayPal staff, the Customer Solutions channels would need to be utilized.

I'm sorry to see that the community has not gotten to your question, but I'd be happy to answer. 🙂

PayPal reviews payments of all types for several reasons - the application of protection, for security and fraud protection purposes, and also for the purposes of ensuring compliance with PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy and all laws and regulations surrounding the movement of money. Donations are an especially tricky matter, because there are very specific regulations to comply with regarding non-profits. Even if your business or organization is not a non-profit entity, PayPal must review to make sure.

We regret the inconvenience. If by some chance you're still experiencing the limitation or holds, give Customer Solutions a call or email to find out if there is any documentation that is still needed.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.