PayPal integrating Donation button on Premier account

zoky
New Community Member

I have PayPal Premier account already integrating cart upload with encrypted parameters and it all works fine on one site.

Now on another I want to add Donate button. Nothing fancy, no encryption, user enters his own amount into the box.

However there are problems:

• Premier account as I understand is supposed along with Business type to support Donation buttons - account is of type Premier but there is no option to create donation button (there are all others - Add to cart, Buy Now, Subscribe...) when I am logged in and go to button creation wizard.

• My country can accept and withdraw money from PayPal (it already works for upload cart which is way more complex than this) as I researched it needs to be able to withdraw funds. It is.

• Account also needs to be verified. It is.

• There could be some payment blocking turned on. Although I might have missed something here I went through all options and nothing seems to be blocked.

So the Donate button is missing from the wizard when I am logged in. But I am clever and I can beat the system - so I logged out and created Donate button (it is available when logged out in the wizard). No cigar. After clicking on such integrated button from the site and wanting to donate the error message pops out:

Your recipient is not able to receive funds at this time. Your recipient must first set up his or her account to receive funds.

What needs to be set up?

The full implementation of this is like 10 minutes of work total but I am obviously missing one tiny little detail to make it work.

I already looked for all kinds of forum topics/posts and contacted PayPal but got no reply from them at all so asking around is my last resort. A guy says he solved it by creating button after being logged out. Didn't help me due to error message above. Another says he had Business account and had no Donation button in the wizard. PayPal forum has similar topic but the answers there are pointing to blocked payments which I verified above.

So I am low on remaining options - what is going on here and where is the fish?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.