unauthorized use of my account

Honeyb2
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I found on my bank statement a payment to Google through Paypal  for £51.99. I opened a case with paypal as I haven't bought anything for that amount. I have had an e-mail today rejecting my claim. It said that it was a subscription which they have now cancelled and I will not be getting a refund. However they failed to give me any details of this subscription and suggested that I connect the seller and ask for a refund. How can I do this when I have no idea what the subscription is for!?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Honeyb2

Check in here, 'may' still show even if cancelled.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Honeyb2
Contributor
Contributor

hi, thanks for the suggestion, it isn't listed though. Earlier on today I tried to open up another case dispute for the same problem but it said "I couldn't report this type of transaction"  even though I clearly had yesterday.

Login to Me Too

Honeyb2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, rereading my e-mails from paypal I now see that the transaction is from Google wallet not as stated on my statement from Google games. I have never used Google Wallet, and nor has any of my family. Nobody else has direct access to my computer. This payment HAS NOT been authorised by anyone in my household. How can I tell Paypal directly this? I just want to speak to somebody on the phone.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Honeyb2

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Honeyb2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

my husband was able to talk to paypal and reopen our case. They asked for details from google and we have been told that google gave delivery tracking information and they were able to track it and have confirmation from the delivery company that the item was delivered. Therefore the case has been closed.

He then spoke to Google help line who says this information is complete rubbish. Google wallet deals with the transfer of money and therefore there would not be any package, delivery tracking or a delivery company. They have looked at my e-mail, my husbands e-mail and confirmed that neither of us have a google account. They have, in fact no record of any e-mails sent to our addresses or any details what  ever of any transactions for £51.99 and no transaction details for any amount 10 days before or after the 10th March. I would happily discuss this with a representative of Paypal if I could find their number!! Could somebody please physically write an actual number down for me to contact Paypal rather than just giving me directions of how to find it on their website as I have started to tear my hair out!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Honeyb2

You said you have already spoken to paypal so you must know the number surely?

We are not allowed to put numbers on here as paypal like you to do it as per my post above so you get the 'code' that helps them access your paypal account more quickly for queries.

It only takes 3 clicks to get the phone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.