Unauthorized payments - Did I win the case?

Wheresmycar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, 

Yesterday I logged into my Paypal to shockingly find that over 100 USD of my funds have been sent to a guy I do not know, I also recieved one payment of 19 USD From him back which was sent straight back to him for some reason. 

I quickly disputed both transactions and the -19 USD payment and phoned up paypal a few hours later.

Today, I woke up and noticed one payment of 19.00 has been reversed fully, but the other 2 Payments of 47.50 are still being reviewed by Paypal... however the full amount of money shows in my Paypal account (100 USD)

I recieved an email from Paypal saying -

We placed the disputed funds in your PayPal account while we investigate
this claim. When we’re done, any part of the payment that was funded by
your credit or debit card will be transferred automatically from your
PayPal account to that card. Please note that it might take up to 30 days
for the refund to be credited to your card.
During our investigation, you’ll have access to the disputed funds in your
PayPal account. Keep in mind, if you spend or withdraw the full amount, we
will not credit your card when your claim is resolved. If you spend or
withdraw a part of the disputed funds, the remaining amount will be
credited to your card.
information and to see the status of your claim.

I simply do not understand how 1 payment of 19.00 was reversed when all 3 disputes were opened at the same time.

Also, I noticed in the email that I'll be able to use the disputed funds... This is most confusing to me, Does this mean I've won the case and Paypal are reviewing the guys Paypal account? 

Any help/Info would be nice. I'm pretty new to Paypal other than paying/selling goods via ebay. 

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.