UK PAYPAL. HAS NO AUTHORITY OVER FOREIGN PAYPAL

waynaghy
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently sold an item on ebay and been paid by the buyer who lived in France, he firstly placed a claim onto PAYPAL claiming he hadnt recieved the item, (one day after buying it ! ) I gave proof of postage and conformation of delivery, PAYPAL then released the money, two days later the buyer placed Ea new claim stating the item wasnt suitable for his motorcycle, I had given all infomation on the listing and even sent the buyer a message detailing the product and sugesting he contact his local dealer to ensure it would be suitable. 

PAYPAL then put a hold again on the money, I call them, explain all the details,  give them a list of my messages to the buyer.... the PAYPAL agent confirtms that I was correct in all my details and finds in my favour, money released again.

THREEDAYS LATER, PAYPAL send a message stating they have now agreed to have the buyer send the item back to me and when I recieve it they will give the buyer the money back.......this in totally contradictory to what they said thee days before.... I then call PAYPAL again, Im now furious....I state all the details AGAIN, the agent then tells me that the FRENCH PAYPAL have  overriden the decision  that the UK office made, and YES the money is now going to be refunded to the buyer..........I have NO say in this decission and its irellevant that I have done everthing totally correctly...

So The WARNING to you people out there..NEVER trust anything your are told by PAYPAL 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hi Waynaghy,

I am so sorry this has happened to you and I can understand your frustration.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.