PayPal has ripped me off once again

richelleo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community,

I'm so angry with PayPal right now. An Airbnb guest of mine stayed at my apartment a few times over the last few months. She gave me cash for some stays, and PayPal for the others. She made a claim with PayPal, who of course ruled in her favour. I have clear evidence of our entire text conversation around the PayPal payment. I also have our email conversation after the claim was made, stating that she didn't make it - that her credit card did - and that she would speak to them. This girl clearly ripped me off, and PayPal ruled in her favour, now I'm out $700. Obviously I'm not paying this.

My question is, how do I resolve this? PayPal should be sued over matters like this. Last year I sent an Apple watch to a guy who claimed it wasn't in the box, and they ruled in his favour too.

Thanks for any help people. It goes without saying that I will never EVER use PayPal again. I just hope it doesn't go against my credit - does anyone know?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@richelleo

You need to read up on seller protection.

In the event of a chargeback paypal will reimburse you if you qualified for that seller protection.

As you did not sell physical goods and can't provide a tracking number then you don't have seller protection.

So the credit card company (not paypal) found in their clients favour and paypal could not reimburse you as you did not have any seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

richelleo
Contributor
Contributor

It shouldn't matter. I have clear evidence that she stayed at my apartment. This is so disgusting. PayPal should be shut down. This is the second time I've been **bleep** over (thousands of dollars now) with PayPal. DISGUSTING. This company is an autrocity. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@richelleo

Paypal are a payment processor, they provide you with some seller protection.

If you chose to not bother with seller protection then that is your own risk.

You have to risk assess your own transactions they can't do that for you.

You ripped yourself off, I would never accept paypal for that sort of transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

richelleo
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is a scam. Disgusting comapny. And seller protection? I HAVE PROOF. This company IS A SCAM.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@richelleo

Yes we can see that you don't like to take responsibility for your own actions.  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

richelleo
Contributor
Contributor

No you moron. I sell something, someone buys. I have proof. PayPal doesn't give a crap. I was never offered seller protection - I have never heard of it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@richelleo

I was never offered seller protection - I have never heard of it. 

That sums it up in one sentence. You use paypal without reading up on how it works first, no wonder you lost out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.