Pay Pal Blocked My Account

Stay-positive
Contributor
Contributor

Today a buyer filed dispute and pay pal immediately blocked my account. I sold an iphone to someone and gave him 1 week to return it if he was not happy. Nice white phone in very good condition, 32 GB. The buyer contacted me to tell me he will be keeping the phone. Few weeks later he wants his money back claiming it is not 32 GB phone. I asked him how does he know and he told me the remaining memory on his phone??? He contacted pay pal and told them I did not describe properly and they blocked my account which they put into nrgative balance. The buyer unlocked it abroad, used it and now no longer needs it. He also used someone elses pay pal account and ebay account. In the meantime I want to buy something of ebay but can not pay for it until the dispute is resolved. I did not understand why so I called up pay pal and someone called Gareth answered. I wanted an explanation, but Gareth told me he does not want to have an argument with me? Who wants to argue with Gareth or any customer service assistant? Normally customer would call for an answer or help?? I would think??? He did not even let me speak and in fact spoke down to me most of the time or over me. Perhaps because I have an foreign accent one may presume we have to be patronised?

Anyway I was very surprised Pay Pal would provide such a poor service given to the account they can afford to invest in good training?? I was a customer, but today I was not treated like one. Shame on Pay Pal on having amaters working on your helpdesk.

Gareth told me he will transfer my call to the dispute team, which happened to be closed at 6pm on saturday and my call was cut off.

Selling a second hand goods on ebay using pay pal? Only matter of time until you have this sort of experience yourself. Dispute is on going, but no doubt they will favor the buyer, they always do.

Have you ever wondered why there is so often £0 insertion fees weekend offers on ebay? Perhaps they are loosing sellers?

I won't be selling anything using pay pal again unless Gareth from customer services calls me and speaks to me like a I am a human being, which is very unlikely. After all they don't care, they don't have to.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. In the event a buyer files a dispute, then of course paypal block your account until it is sorted.

2. You can't give a buyer 1 week to return as you have already agreed to paypals rules when you signed up to a paypal account. That states a buyer has 45 days to file a dispute with paypal.

3. Was it a 32 GB phone? Or does the buyer have proof it is not?

4. The fact he unlocked it abroad has no bearing on YOUR description of the phone which is what the dispute presumably is about.

5.  When i have phoned customer services i have never had a problem and they respond dependent on how you are with them.

6. I sell lots of second hand goods, rarely have a problem. If a buyer on the odd occasion is not happy then i refund them.

7. I guess closing your paypal account seems the best idea.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stay-positive
Contributor
Contributor

Having respnded to 19 thousand and 20 queries with the such a great detail you responded to mine is admirable. And I am very pleased to read  that all your pay pal experiences have been positive. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I did not say all my paypal experiences have been positive, i stated i rarely had a problem with ebay sales. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.