Paypal not letting me open a Dispute and 45 days have not passed

beth2811
Contributor
Contributor

Today I tried to open a dispute in the Paypal Resolution Centre.  Typed all the details in and pressed 'submit' and got a message saying I couldn't open it as 45 days have passed.

I was disputing a transaction dated 30th Dec 2013. It is now 31st Jan 2014.  Do Paypal work on a different calendar to the rest of the world by any chance.  I counted 33 days have passed unless I can't count ha ha ha !

The dispute is for a repair company to come out and fix my leaking car sunroof, which is still leaking, despite them coming out twice to fix it.   I paid £130 for this service.   I have sent Paypal a complaints email tonight.

Please advise if you can.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

beth2811
Contributor
Contributor

The business has refunded back just now.  Totally surprised.  Maybe nothing to do with the dispute.  My fiance seriously complained to them earlier today about the poor service. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I expect that they were right closing the dispute but gave you the wrong reason.

You do not have paypal buyer protection for "services". Paypal only protect you for tangible items sent in the post. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

beth2811
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but I've just chedked my emails and I've now got a message saying that a SNAD case has been opened.  Very odd !  The dispute didn't seem to fall into any of the catergories listed in the tick boxes.  Happy now Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You may not be later as i said.......you are not covered for services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

beth2811
Contributor
Contributor

I have a message now under heading 'The Case is Now Closed'

I'm a little confused.  I've opened up disputes in Ebay before for SNAD's once or twice, but it takes days.

Seems to imply that that I already got a refund which I haven't or the seller has responded after the case being opened for x amount of days which it hasn't been.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

beth2811
Contributor
Contributor

The business has refunded back just now.  Totally surprised.  Maybe nothing to do with the dispute.  My fiance seriously complained to them earlier today about the poor service. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good news.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sharontoplis32
Contributor
Contributor
How do it get refunds?, I haven't even recieved the items!. X
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

File for item not received via the resolution tab in your paypal account > then escalate to a claim if no refund or item.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.