Open dispute, ebay closed case, refund not received

Haybo26
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item in February, the wrong item was received (delivered by Hermes).

I contacted the seller who refused to admit this was there fault, that the item I received wasn't even on their stock list and that the error was caused by Hermes. He was very blase and said he would contact Hermes when he gets time.

I heard nothing back from him for ages.  I sent him another email and got an Out of Office.  So I contacted Hermes themselves. They did not know how I received the wrong item but said they would investigate.  At the end of their investigation they said the problem was caused by the seller and that i need to raise it with him.

I opened a claim within Ebay, they buyer cleverly covered their back by saying the item was tracked and signed for and therefore was delivered.

What he failed to admit that it was the wrong item!

I have since had emails going back and to from him, sometimes he asks for photos for the item, photos of the packaging. I've sent him all the evidence he needs, but now he has stopped replying.  This has now been going on since February.  What can I do to get my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haybo26

You can still open a paypal dispute as you paid that way.

Go and click on ''resolve a problem in the resolution centre'' > open a dispute for item received but not as described > put in as much information as possible including everything you have tried to do to resolve things and then escalate it to a claim when you get that option.

If paypal find in your favour then you will have to return the item back to the seller at your own expense before being refunded BUT do not do so until paypal tell you to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.