Money removed yet claim closed

britishgoose01
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer purchased item off eBay, specified the postage which was 1st class not signed for, was to Estonia post office said to wait up to 2 weeks the buyer knew this. Just after a week the buyer put in a claim for a refund as it hadn't come. Had to go to post office get the receipt and fill some forms in tinder how far it had gone. It had left country that's all I knew. I messaged regular no reply. My PayPal balance has Been minused nearly £20 The guy never answered. Talked to eBay explained, as I was talking I got a message. The user had conveniently revoked his account. I was told not to worry nothing need doing case would be closed and I'd get balance back to zero. It didn't. I contacted eBay again balance still minused, he told me the complete opposite. Completely useless. The case finally closed. However my PayPal is still minused. EBay are useless. Any help?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@britishgoose01

In the event of an item not received dispute the 'only' way to tell if the item arrived is via a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

You don't have to send trackable but its at your own risk and not the buyers.

No buyer would bother to pay extra postage for signed for if the seller had not listed the item as tracking required as they would know that the onus is on the seller to prove delivery and not the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

britishgoose01
Contributor
Contributor
the point now is he bought it, didn't wait long enough and put a claim in...clearly a con artist then cancelled or had his account removed. EBay said the buyer closed the claim & nothing more to do. I have messaged PayPal with the information. There telling me the claims still open and I've messaged them saying its not and provided ebays email. If PayPal have refunded him that's not my problem, there supposed to follow claim procedure. My account is minus x amount of money. I'm no paying off his theft.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@britishgoose01

Ebay and paypal are 2 separate companies with 2 separate dispute policies.

If the Ebay dispute has been closed then the buyer has the option to open one on Paypal so has he done that?

Does it show in the resolution centre in your paypal account at alll?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

britishgoose01
Contributor
Contributor
there's one open in PayPal now but he's closed his eBay there's no way to contact.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@britishgoose01

Well if he has opened a Paypal dispute for non receipt of item then it no longer has anything to do with Ebay.

If you can't prove trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer then you may well lose the dispute.

As disputes take ''at least'' 10 days then that 10 days added to the 7 days before he opened the dispute = 17 days.

So your item should have arrived by then and if it has not then he will probably be awarded the refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

britishgoose01
Contributor
Contributor
We know this guy's a conartist. We're not stupid. Didn't wait long to put in a claim cancelled eBay account, they had no idea what's going on. He's putting claim through PayPal now. I've told them same thing it's over suspicious he wouldn't answer messages then closed the account. I've told PayPal all what I did showed evidence of receipt address, added return on envelope. Got the parcel postcode checked to see how far it had gone...or however they did it. It definitely went to Estonia. I think he's got it and wants money as well. I will not refund, Instead of following the protocols he's deleted his account then gone crying to PayPal...and I didn't know he'd put in a claim from PayPal as i hadn't checked my email. Sods law though only bit of evidence I have now is a copy of my receipt. The forms and receipt of that in the bin as eBay said claim was cancelled. Typical.,
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@britishgoose01

As the only evidence paypal accept is a 'tracking number that shows delivery of the item to the buyer' then 'knowing' he is a scammer and 'thinking' he has got the item does not really count.  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

britishgoose01
Contributor
Contributor
I think thats why eBay removed his account. Very suspicious. I've asked, whether I get an answer or not am not sure. All my paperwork I have is gone 😕 just a receipt.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@britishgoose01

Good luck, hope it goes your way although I am doubtful unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.