Locate Mobile

SheilaRA
New Community Member

I signed up for a one month account with www.locate-mobile.info.       This company tracks where in the world any mobile phone is, all you have to do is provide the number of the mobile and hope it is on and charged.   I was looking for my own lost mobile phone.    However, every single attempt to sign in using the user name and password they provided, I was told to sign up (and pay) again.    I sent them a memo explaining my plight, which bounced back immediately.   So I went back to the  Pay Pal website which is  entirely unhelpful.:  All on line of course, telling me I must return to the vendor and then not even suggesting an email address to which I can write and complain.    So nowhere to go.     It's only £10 but that's a lot of money to me and this is altogether too much hassle.  I feel as if it's a united scam  Has anyone had dealings with Locate Mobile?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

Ala27
New Community Member
Recken I've just been robed 2 everything the same happing to me
Login to Me Too

Jussah72
New Community Member
Been ripped off as well
Login to Me Too

riq
New Community Member
I also paid for a 1 month subscription to Locate Mobile. I was able to use it ONCE! After that it will not let me login again! Keeps asking for payment!! It's a total ripoff!
Login to Me Too

beenduped
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me but I'm more upo set that Pay Pal keep allowing this website to do this to everyone. It's a rip off!

Login to Me Too

lolae
New Community Member

Me too!!!!

What an idiot!

Wish I'd seen your comments before I signed up!

Desperate to find my husbands stolen phone!

There are some really dishonest people and companies out there.... makes me sick! :(((

@SheilaRA wrote:

I signed up for a one month account with www.locate-mobile.info.       This company tracks where in the world any mobile phone is, all you have to do is provide the number of the mobile and hope it is on and charged.   I was looking for my own lost mobile phone.    However, every single attempt to sign in using the user name and password they provided, I was told to sign up (and pay) again.    I sent them a memo explaining my plight, which bounced back immediately.   So I went back to the  Pay Pal website which is  entirely unhelpful.:  All on line of course, telling me I must return to the vendor and then not even suggesting an email address to which I can write and complain.    So nowhere to go.     It's only £10 but that's a lot of money to me and this is altogether too much hassle.  I feel as if it's a united scam  Has anyone had dealings with Locate Mobile?

Login to Me Too

priya2012
New Community Member

ripped off tenner on a monthly subscription. could not able to login as its total waste of money. sad that paypal allows scammers like them to get their hands on the money. robbing innocent ppl. paypal plz ban payments this kinda websites.

@SheilaRA wrote:

@SheilaRA wrote:

Login to Me Too

blackburn1976
Contributor
Contributor

I have had dealings with Locate Mobile after a number of atempts to use the service, and asked every time to re Reg. I complained to the companey and received a answer back saying they had no records of me joineing the said companey. By this time the bells were starting to ring. So I decided to contact PayPal who I must say they did not want to know and their excuse was once payment had been paid to the  merchent it was more or les out of their hands, so much for PayPal being 100% protected my payment was verified with my bank account however the payment was made by PayPal to a company ( NETMEDIALL ) . I contacted Locate Mobile and again the same response we have no account in your name must be a other company you are with NO IT WAS YOUR COMPANY. This is a total SCAM and as for PayPal haveing dealings with  people like that I wont be useing them any more this as been a 100% Scam just ripped off.

Login to Me Too

blackburn1976
Contributor
Contributor

LOCATE MOBILE A TOTAL SCAM SEAMES TO BE A NUMBER OF COMPANEY'S OPERATING STAY CLEAR.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi blackburn1976,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenge with the transaction.

Have you tried disputing the transaction via your Resolution Centre?

Once you open a dispute, please make sure to escalate it to a claim and provide all information you have to explain what has happened.

Here is more information how to open a dispute:

1. Log in to your Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  3. Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
  4. Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

·  If you don’t resolve or escalate a dispute within 20 days it will be closed. When this deadline is approaching, we’ll remind you by email

·  A closed dispute can’t be reopened or escalated to a claim

To escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim:

These steps apply to UK Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

1. Log in to your Resolution Centre.
  2. Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
  3. Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  5. Click the Escalate to a Claim.

Note: We’ll try to make a decision within 30 days. During this time we may ask you to provide some extra information. To check the status of your claim or to provide more information go to your Resolution Centre.

If you need further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to review your account.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.