I open paypal dispute seller is trying to scam me

shael4uu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I usually buy alot via paypal . Never had any problems with any seller before this.

I bought some keyboards from a seller based in china i paid via paypal.

in their description its clearly stated it was new keyboards.

Ok finally when keyboards arrived it was all used and dusty keyboards and maybe its not working.

it did not checked. immediately contacted with seller they keep me on hold for about 3/4 hours.

when they found it is their mistake they said to me you should keep these keyboards because if you return us 

the shipping cost is expensive.

i said it was not my mistake you did not deliver the new keyboards and its clearly your mistake.

and i will not pay any return shipping cost they have to pay.

then again they let me on hold for about another 2 hours.

then i was surprised the said to me you did not asked us you need new keyboards.

i said in your description its clearly stated its brand new orignal keyboard.

then again no reply for more then 1 hour.

finally got reply they said they will not accept any return because you did not asked it is new or used.

problem is i made two orders with this seller one is recieved as up stated.

second i made just before the 1 day of delivery. so immediately i opened the dispute for second order.

i tell them first refund my money for second order then we will discuss for first order.

now they are not replying they are company big sellers i think.

now both dispute opened . for second order ofcourse it was not despatch i will win.

what about the first order any suggest or help i will be very thankfull all of you .

had first time this kind of bad experience on paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

"Normally" in the case of an item received but not as described dispute you are expected to return the item trackable back to the seller before you get a refund of your original payment.

Paypal can only get back funds you process through them so that is why they can't recover your return postage costs.

That is the risk you take when you buy internationally as if you bought from a UK business they have to refund return postage costs if the item was misdescribed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.