Dispute raised but ebay buyer agrees no dispute!

jobeany17
New Community Member

Via ebay, I sold 2 items in August, both described and sold as 'collection only'

I have various emails to and from the buyer about collections but as yet buyer is still to collect. She had a way to travel so i was happy to be flexible,

On Christmas Eve i see she has raised 2 claims for items not received!

I have replied to say both items were colection only and items are ready to be collected any time.

I also contacted the buyer to say i didnt understand what she was disputing. It appears she only raised the claim as it was 179 days since she made payment and after 180 days she wouldnt have PayPal protection, so was advised to raise a claim as she knew she couldnrt collect goods via day 180.

So  i am not really sure why she raised a dispute, and what happens now - looking at my Paypal account it appears my balance is negative so looks like Paypal have deducted monies (unfairly).

Any suggestions on what to do now? How long does buyer have to respond and if she agrees that she has to collect item, does case close and I get my money back. Ironically i am the one who has kept to my side of the sale, i feel like charging her for storage!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jobeany17

Firstly why did you accept paypal on a collection item? Its the only time you are allowed to put "cash only on collection" in your payment details, then if the buyer pays with paypal you just refund them and tell them again cash on collection only.

Then if she did not turn up to collect you could have just re-sold it.

But your best bet now is to phone paypal and explain it was a collect item and so the buyer should have no paypal buyer protection and hope they release the funds back to you.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.