Buyer wants refund - but no proof item is faulty

SashaZoe
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a pair of festival tickets to buyer - not through ebay. The payment was a private transaction. I sent them recorded delivery, and he text me when he had received them. The event was over a Saturday and Sunday. I received an email from Paypal on the Monday morning after the event, saying that the two payments have been marked as a dispute.

I then text the buyer asking why he is requesting a refund. He replied saying that the tickets didn't work, and that they were turned away. He says he still has the tickets in which the security had written VOID across. I asked him to send me a photograph of the tickets - which he has not done. The next day I got another email from Paypal saying the dispute has been escalated to a claim.  - still no email of proof he still had the tickets.

I know it is a bit sneaky, but as I had his email address, I searched him on facebook this morning, and I saw that he has uploaded pictures of him at the festival. 

What shall I do? I can only imagine that if I confront him with this, he'll try to say that the tickets were for his friends. 

- and still waiting for him the send photo of the tickets which he said he has, but not materialised yet. Shall I get him to post them back to me? 

How quickly does this need to be resolved before Paypal automatically refunds him and I'm left out of pocket?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

P10028773
Contributor
Contributor

Have you put the recorded delivery details on the dispute

this should show that the buyer recd his item

I would also take print screens of facebook etc, and then give paypal a ring

If he is commiting fraud... saying the tickets did not work, when he was at the actual festival i would also tell him you can take him to small claims if paypal actually issue the refund, - just an idea?

but im no expert, an expert should reply soon

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.