Buyer opened a dispute i have not received item back and paypal have refunded

Seirian
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, i sold an item on ebay in october it was new/sealed in manufactures box. The item was sold with no warranty as it was given to me as present and had not used, the manufacture is no loger tradig, im a private seller and the listing was correct at the time.  3 months later the buyer claims they have only just 'used' the item and its not working as they expected so they have opened a dispute via paypal. I have recived no proof of him sending it back, no did i agree to the return of it as it was 3 months ago and for all i know he could of been using the item. If i was contacted shortly after him getting it i would of glady refunded.. but not after 3 months !

So paypal have no refunded him despite me not having the unit back, nor any proof that he has sent it. I have opened the case back up as an appeal hoping paypal will sort it.

Has anyone had this before ? Sold something that was offered with no warranty then months later had the excuse of 'only just got round to using it!' and opened up a case againts you.

How do i stand on this ?

Im now £350 down and looks like the buyer still has the laser and all his money back... really not happy 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Seirian

A buyer has up to 180 days to open a dispute for item received but not as described. Also a lot of buyers may not use an item for a few weeks or months dependent on what that item was.

There are also various reasons for why paypal do not ask the buyer to return it, the main one is if the seller does not respond to the dispute at all but there are others. To find out for certain you would need to give c.s a call.

As for warranty, you don't provide one but paypal does = buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.