received damaged goods and paypal sided with the seller?

llovun
Contributor
Contributor

i bought 48 bottles of facial cream and 31 bottles were broken and the rest were stained with oil and cream or dented bottle cap.  i can't resale anyone of them.  i try to resolve this with the seller through emails.  she said she is waiting for her supplier to tell her what to do...and then she avoids on email and online totally.  i escalate the issue to paypal and paypal closed my case within seconds and sided with the seller?  because paypal only cares that i receive the shipment and doesn;t give a crap if it was damaged goods?   this is totally >>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!  that is $780.75 or craps

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I'll bet you didn't buy it on ebay.

Only ebay purchases get protection from "not as decribed" complaints.

If you used a credit card to pay for the item, file a chargeback by calling the customer service number on the back of the card.

Login to Me Too

llovun
Contributor
Contributor

no...i did not purchase an item from ebay.....but paypal can't just force everyone to buy from ebay....then they should not accept any payments other than from ebay item.....this is totall bull___.  i love to use paypal before..now i will have to reconsider how i do business.  and i will not recomment paypal to anyone unless it is simple money transfer.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, that's your choice.

Paypal does make the restriction clear in their User Agreement, which you agreed that you had read and understood before you opened your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.