paypal policy ,override my site policy,my site policy is no returns!? what is this?

bosanci28
Contributor
Contributor

Claim - #PP-001-295-514-066

recently i am in a dispute as some one  that have purchased a used tv part from our website we have send it to them ,and of course they not a shop,so people with no experience installed the part and they reply to us that our part is defective!,and  our company buys only broken screen tvs that are tested and working 100% then we take them apart.,in his case  he may have damage the board,or he may have somewhere else the problem within that tv.

so ,our site sells all the parts used and "as is"all sales are finale" so whatever they order they will get ,and our company

and our policy does not offer "refund,returns or exchanges" all buyer are not obligate to buy from our site,so when they buy

they fully agree to our terms and conditions.

so now ,yesterday i called paypal and told them but our policy and the guy from paypal costumer service/dispute he said that paypal overrides my policy!,is like what ,they agree when they buy from my site so why paypal is overriding my policy ? if my site states clear under terms section and in the bottom of each product that  the buyer agrees to all when they buy from our site?!

also if they put my part up and burned/shorted out ,how do i check that board if is still functional?,this days i know people buy the boards they  install and if something they dont like they open case get their money back then they get other part ,in till they find the problem,but this is why i know my parts are working fine and thats why i sell them as is and no returns accepted! 

so please someone from paypal or whereever explain to me why this is happening?

overriding my policy and favoring the buyer? he knows that he aggred when he made the purchase from our site!,that will be no returns..

explain,

thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Why, because some sellers sell junk and think by stating no refunds that clears them from chargebacks.

Login to Me Too

bosanci28
Contributor
Contributor

'''''Why, because some sellers sell junk and think by stating no refunds that clears them from chargebacks."""

well  on my site i sell all boards as is,if buyer wants to buy and they like my policy fine,if not they not obligated to buy!

they can go somewhere else and buy new with waranty,and refund and exchanges...

so if they buy and they agree to my terms and conditions on my site is a done deal!,they know that they taking a chance,

so paypal needs to look at sellers also ,every company has their own policy,terms...

they cant override someone else terms because they want too...

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@bosanci28 wrote:

so paypal needs to look at sellers also ,every company has their own policy,terms...

they cant override someone else terms because they want too...

Yes they can, if you accept payments through PayPal, their policy over-rides yours. It would be the same way if you say no refunds, and don't go through PayPal, and someone filed a chargeback with their credit card company.

Login to Me Too

bosanci28
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

is there any payment company that does not do this?

or all they do this?

overriding someone else 's terms?

thanks

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"so if they buy and they agree to my terms and conditions on my site is a done deal!,they know that they taking a chance,"

You agreed to Paypal terms of service and you are taking a chance by selling any item.

Login to Me Too

bosanci28
Contributor
Contributor

i am working on getting payment with other company,and finish doing busines with paypal.

not worth it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.