dispute for website services not rendered

Blue401
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I paid a merchant for website redesign service on May 18th and he has failed to deliver any content up to this point. Payment was for $600 which is half of the fee. I have made repeated attempts to contact him though Skype chat, Basecamp and email and have had no response for three full business days. It's my understanding Paypal protects me from fraud by other Payal users but only for a certain amount of time. This merchant is based in the Phillapines and I'm in the USA and  I'm skeptical they are legit. I contacted Paypal via email and they suggested I contact the vendor and if no repsonse open a dispute. What is the time frame I have to lodge my complaint?

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Blue401 wrote:

Hello, I paid a merchant for website redesign service on May 18th and he has failed to deliver any content up to this point. Payment was for $600 which is half of the fee. I have made repeated attempts to contact him though Skype chat, Basecamp and email and have had no response for three full business days. It's my understanding Paypal protects me from fraud by other Payal users but only for a certain amount of time. This merchant is based in the Phillapines and I'm in the USA and  I'm skeptical they are legit. I contacted Paypal via email and they suggested I contact the vendor and if no repsonse open a dispute. What is the time frame I have to lodge my complaint?

Thank you,

Anything virtual is not covered. Chargeback is your only option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.