Fees

Crmadmin
New Community Member
I don't understand. We created an account with PayPal so that our customers could pay invoices for services rendered. I was under the impression that there would be no charge for payments made from a bank account or a PayPal account. These are the only forms of payments we would like to accept. However when testing our new account I made a payment to the company from my personal PayPal account which uses my personal bank account. I only sent a dollar in order to test it and it took 33 cents out of it as fees. Then our I.T. Guy sent 10 cents in order to test the website PayPal button on our site and it took the entire 10 cents in fees. Leaving us with 67 cents in our account out of $1.10 deposit. Thats 33% !! Is this really the case because if it is we need to shut down the PayPal account quickly. Please help us undstand and hopefully still be able to use your service.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you ae using it for a business you need to pay the fee.

The other option is if you are sending money to a friend.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like you need a Micro Paypal account.

a Micro Paypal account has lower fees for sales less than $14.00.

A micro fee is 5% plus 5 cents.

You can call paypal and they can convert the account for you.  Or you can add a micro account if you have a different bank account  you can attach to it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.