claims disputes

poprtee
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone think that when you sell something on Ebay and you put   NO REFUNDS ACCEPTED that it means just what it says    NO REFUNDS.  Well if the buyer puts in a claim on the product saying it is damaged and it was insured for the amount he or she pd. for it, why should you have to refund his money .   If that's the case, then NO REFUNDS   doesn't mean no refunds to these people.  I just lose a case like this and am VERY  dissatified with paypal.    Who are these people that decide this and what is their meaning for NO REFUNDS.   Can anyone tell me something to do to make me feel better?????????

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kc210
New Community Member

just had the same thing happen to me, no returns accepted, the guy couldn't read english correctly and because he decides he doesn't want something, opens a case in paypal and the live chat says since he hadn't replied in a week that i should just escalate it, and what happens, they award it in his favor. makes no sense. ebay used to care about their sellers but not anymore.

Login to Me Too

DiabeticDana
New Community Member

Agreed, I;ve got issues too...

But now, I have NO product, and am out more money than i bid on the darn product.

VERY FRUSTRATED with ebay and paypal

Its too bad, I used to buy things all the time on there, now, I am probably going to get rid of my account, and not look back on it. I wish it were cheaper to get a lawyer, but its probably not worth it over the 60 bucks I am out.. and i cant dispute with my bank for the full amount, because most of it was paid for with a credit to my paypal account from last year.

UGH! PAYPAL AND EBAY I AM VERY FRUSTRATED WITH YOU!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

redpower
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@poprtee wrote:

Does anyone think that when you sell something on Ebay and you put   NO REFUNDS ACCEPTED that it means just what it says    NO REFUNDS.  Well if the buyer puts in a claim on the product saying it is damaged and it was insured for the amount he or she pd. for it, why should you have to refund his money .   If that's the case, then NO REFUNDS   doesn't mean no refunds to these people.  I just lose a case like this and am VERY  dissatified with paypal.    Who are these people that decide this and what is their meaning for NO REFUNDS.   Can anyone tell me something to do to make me feel better?????????

Just because you put no refunds doesn't mean they can't get a refund, it just means that they know that if they contact you, you will not give one. However, if they contact PayPal and open a dispute, PayPals decision over-rules any thing like "no refunds" " or no returns", and so would the credit card companies if someone were to file a dispute.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.