Why can't I file an unauthorized transaction?

Papermothra
Contributor
Contributor

I recently have had not one but SIX unauthorized transactions to my account. When I try to report them as instructed it repeatedly tells me I'm enterting and invalid transaction ID. This is absurd. Who ever has hacked my account has attempted to issue refunds to four of my cutomers as well as tried to send themself money, so far to no avail. However, the refunds are "pending" until next week. I feel this should be reported so it could be stopped asap, yet I'm having absolutly no luck. Any advise?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JasonD
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having these problems.  Since all of the unauthorized transactions are all still pending, and not completed, the ability to file online is not an option.  If you call our customer service by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of any PayPal or by following the following link.   https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_contact-phone

Also just so you know PayPal offers 100% coverage against unauthorized transactions. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.