What to do if seller refuses to refund money for item he canceled?

inuyashalover21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and have a problem. I bought an xbox 360 controller a few days ago and paid for it a few minutes after. It was an instant transation and he got the money right away. I just got a message today that he wants to cancel the item since he "Lost it". I really think its because he did not get what he wanted. Anyway back on topic. I agreed to cancel it and was hoping ebay would refund the moeny back to the account but a new message from ebay popped up saying " If you already paid, but didn't receive a refund yet, please contact the seller to request a refund.". What should I do if he does not refund the money back? How do I go about getting a refund?

Thank you for your time guys,

Steve

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

One of the other member's bought software $20 monthly fee and did not honor their deal.

Login to Me Too

Cass
Contributor
Contributor

What I mean is it's a website where you pay a monthly fee to access and download their different software apps- they promised immediate access with Paypal payment- 2 weeks later and a lot of excuses later, nothing. They finally told me to "cry about it to Paypal"!!!!  Then banned me from their site.

Guess they are a scam and admit it.

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

I would file your dispute in the resolution center and contact the bank/credit card company where the money is coming out of monthly and tell them you need that card/account closed due to fraud from the Ebay seller.  Ask them how to file a dispute on any charges you did not receive product and or services from.  You're financial institute alway's provides final resolution over Ebay/paypal.

Wait for the resolution. 

Login to Me Too

inuyashalover21
Contributor
Contributor

I did what you told me watchout and the bank said to give it an extra week. If not I have to walk in and fill out a form for transaction dispute. So I will escalate it tomorrow and hopefully I will not have to walk into the bank for a form.

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad to hear that. Yes, by all means give the resolution department time to decide in your favor. If not you now can feel assured that your bank will resolve the dispute in the end.

I won today through the Ebay dispute process on one item received significantly different and Ebay gave me a link for the pre-paid shipping label back to the seller.  It appear's the seller printed the label so Ebay show's it as if I did it and am shipping the package back to the Arizona seller.  Hmmmm, well now there is no label to send back the item unless seller is mailing it to me and once I receive it I will definately send it back. If I don't receive it than I have no obligation.

The other seller that has been fighting me on this will lose as well. It's funny because he keep's saying "hope you have a Merrry Christmas"  I sent back response telling him he is so fake saying that as if we are not having a Merry Christmas because of his delayed actions and wrong item sent.  We are having a Merry Christmas!  We are getting married 12/23/10 at the court house and cancelled our Las Vegas courthouse wedding and honeymoon at Excalibur and spent over $800.00 on purchases instead.  All item's have come in except those two item's and two more that are in the mail for delivery before Christmas. 🙂  

He also say's I'm a  fraud because I told him I would dispute this transaction with my bank outside Ebay.  He is saying that because the email responses from Ebay state if buyer ask to handle the transaction outside of Ebay... I told him LMFAO your retarded that is if the buyer is trying to purchase the item outside the auction house.  He forgot to take his medication today and just totally flipped, I hope he is having a great Christmas. lol.

Login to Me Too

inuyashalover21
Contributor
Contributor

Just escalated my paypal claim, Hopefully I get my money back next week. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

Well I filed both of my charge back disputes with my bank and 12/22/10 they credited me my money back on both.  Ebay finally responded on one and said I won the dispute and allowed me to print a pre-paid label.  I contacted my bank and they said they can't do anything and I will get another credit from Ebay/Paypal and then there will be a debit for it to equal it out.  Ebay/Paypal is charged a charge back fee whether or not the consumer wins.  I sent a message to Paypal telling them that they need to respond faster.  Buyer's are already scared to make purchases online and when they take so long to "review" it creates doubt in the buyer's mind of any Buyer's Protection. 

My other dispute regarding the same issue of sending me an entirely different item that what I bid on and won. I have seller Ebay email's where he admits that another buyer has our game and we have theirs.  I told him to send me a pre-paid label and we could send to each other.  The seller has been quite the criminal and won't do either. Last night I received Ebay's response and they sided with the seller.  I sent an appeal and sent and Ebay email to the seller telling him that I have appealed and filed charge back and will be dealing with this outside of Ebay with my bank.

Seller sends an Ebay email stating to stop sending email's outside of Ebay and asking for money order's, We are reporting you for Ebay Fraud..  I laughed and replied back that he is quite the idiot.  Check again, each email states this is being sent by Ebay and the only time I asked you to send a money order was for the postage to send the wrong item back since I am closing my account when this is done and going back to Amazon. I also told him that the little banner that pop's up with my Ebay email is referring to Buyer's trying to purchase item's outside of Ebay.  

Seller tells me there is no appeal process at Ebay that this is not the Supreme Court and I have a lot to learn about the financial industry and there will be no charge back.  I reply back telling him 12/23/10 my bank gave me provisional credit's for both cases.  You lose.  I have copies of Ebay correspondence where the seller states he sent us the wrong item.  What a loser.  I told him he sure sounds like a criminal rather than a seller who wants to resolve an issue. 

I bought the game we never received on Amazon 12/23/10 and told that seller about our whole ordeal and he said he felt like he needed to apologize for that seller, I told him no need,  that seller needed to be accountable for his own action's.  We paid twice as much for the game and won't get it till after Christmas.  We bought this game on 12/8/10. 

I just want to remind people to Google internet crime complaint center.  We need to report if we intend to get these terrible seller's off Ebay.  Your financial bank or credit card is the one who makes the final decision not Ebay/Paypal.

It only took one situation like this a long time ago for me to know that it's my money and I'm an honest buyer and if you're a person with no integrity or honesty you will not prevail with me. I won't quit until you wished you had just conceded  at "Hello, we have an issue"

With each of the 20 responses he keeps telling me to have a Merry Christmas.  I tell him he is so fake and assumes I am not having a Merry Christmas.  In fact, I'm having a great Christmas as today 12/23/10 I got married, plus only two item's have not arrived out of the 30 packages.  Plus, I can't wait until this seller get's the charge back fee from Ebay/Paypal for his arrogance.  I have told him in every Ebay correspondence that as soon as I receive a pre-paid label I will be happy to ship him his wrong item.  All he had to do was send me the freakingggg label. I did not trust him enough to continue to think I might get my right item by Christmas next year. 

I'm sorry seller's but if Ebay/Paypal has to hold your money 21 day's or 365 day's until customer's get heard and fair ruling's are passed out.  It is the only way that Ebay/Paypal can guarantee seller's don't deplete their checking accounts and skip.  Remember, there is always one who ruins it for everyone else. 

Login to Me Too

Zartan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone i have a problem, and im just about finished being nice. I recently won an item on eBay. I'm a very honest, and punctual eBayer, I won the item and paid for the item that day actually instantly after i won. The seller contacts me saying yes i did win but i did not pay for the tax or insurance. This was after the auction closed and the payment was made in full.  in addition the listing and email address for payment was entirely  wrong as well. The seller re-read their listing and agreed  to refund my money seeing how so many mistakes were made during the auction listing. I have had refunded money transactions go through in minutes this one is going on 24 hours. The agreement was made in writing and on the phone. The refund still has not posted to my pay-pal account. I have been reading the comments from the other honest, and trusting members in our community, and im considering contacting my financial institution.

Is their anyone that could lend some advise.  Thank you in advance 

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

First off did the listing state there were taxes for your state?  Insurance, what insurance is this seller talking about?  I would first go into Ebay resolution and file a dispute item never received.  If Ebay seller has not shipped you anything you should win within 72 hours.  If you do not get any response or decision back from Ebay dispute resolution, than immediately contact your bank/credit card to let them know you want to dispute the charge.  Normally, within 3 day's you should have a provisional credit from your bank/credit card and they send letter to Paypal and Ebay seller letting them know you are disputing because you never received the item and you feel this is fraud.

If you do win the dispute with Ebay resolution center, normally they will refund within 48 hour's and it normally takes an additional 3-4 business day's for it to be available to you at bank/credit card.

Login to Me Too

Zartan
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely not.. The listing did not list any information about additional  taxes or insurance beside at the close of the auction any fees would have been consolidated, and paid when i made the payment right. The seller recognized this error within the listing and said they would refund mt money,however they also mentioned the payment i made was to the wrong paypal account. I checked my account and still no posting of the refund. I think om going to take your advice and contact my Bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.