What happens if you don't have the money to refund someone?

stircrazy
Contributor
Contributor

I have been out of work for almost 2 years. My husband was laid off as well and is in construction now. We had a very nice saddle that wasn't getting used because we had to retire the horse it was used on. I figured I could sell the saddle to someone who could use it and it would help me out with Christmas money for our 3 kids. The saddle is 18 years old and is still in good shape. We bought this saddle years ago with a seat that was 14", so that's what I listed it as. The lady that buys it never asked me one question about the saddle other than to ask me if I would take $1400 for it including shipping (the new ones go for $2000 and up). I did and shipped it to her, I get an email from PayPal with a claim before I ever got one from her (she even tells me in that email that she filed a claim with PayPal). She says that the saddle is measuring 14 3/4" and not 14" and I misrepresented the saddle. I didn't do it on purpose, I mean the saddle is 18 years old and I'm sure the padding in the seat is a little flatter than it used to be. She then tells me she knew the saddle would be too big because she rides in a 13 3/4" saddle, but she wanted more room. I have email after email from this girl. I forgot to take the ad off of one of the 4 websites I had it listed on and people were still email me about the saddle. I forwarded them to her thinking she might be able to sell it that way and not have to wait on PayPal to decide her claim. She's not interested in selling it to anyone else and says that she will get her money from me. I used her money for Christmas and DO NOT HAVE IT and honestly, don't know when or how I will get it. So, my question is, how does this work? Does PayPal pay her back and I pay them or how does that work? She could have sold the saddle, but she told the lady that it was my saddle and not hers to sell (even though she has the saddle several states away). Any help you can give me on how this works would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.