Unauthorized Refund (?)

Zachery
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I wanted to report that I had offered a service in which I would sell a user local currency from a gaming website. I had a customer buy from me many times, in small payments. In total he spent around $100.00 on the currency throughout the months. I only had around thirty dollars in my account at the time, when one day Paypal told me that I had given money back to this user. I did not give money back to the user.

Paypal now says I have a Negative balance of -$65.94. I tried going to the dispute center to say it was unautherized, but PayPal told me that the transaction ID was not valid. How can I get my money back? I really need it by the 19th, because if I don't, some of my online services that I pay for will be overdue, and I will need to wait for my bank acoount to gain the funds to replace the money, JUST to get to a balance of $0.00, which could take months.

Please help,

Zachery Johnson

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You can't, the "buyer" or real account owner,  filed an unauthorized transaction report with Paypal.

Also it's agains Paypal user agreement to use paypal for gambling

Login to Me Too

Zachery
Contributor
Contributor

It never was a gamble. It was a direct purchase to me. Paypal account to Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Joe123

you say gaming site... what type of site exactly.. gaming is generic.

you also said you was "selling" currency... which implies real money, not virtual money.

either way it would be considered a form of gambling, which is against their policies.

have you called paypal at all on this to clarify?

Login to Me Too

Zachery
Contributor
Contributor

The gaming site was Roblox.com, they have virtual currency called "Robux"

I sold the guy the currency from an account I own, so that he could have more "Robux"

Its a very simple deal, I kinda find it hard to believe it's Gambeling.

Login to Me Too

I See in No Way How this is gambling. They Took away his money For no Reason, They Didn't Even Ask Him. Along with that This "robux" Is just like Selling A avatar for a game to Someone, online Transfer, Legal, And Allowed. The Person who gave Him This money Told Him That The Real Owner of the Account was okay With it, Thus Was a legal Transfer, and Allowed. They Can't Take Something away That Was Completly legal. If The person that said the Real owner of the Account paid the money, its not Zachary's Fault That It was not allowed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.