Should I return an item I filed a dispute on without hearing from PayPal?

Helpme1215
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a fake purse that was advertised as authentic.  Paid $820 through Paypal!   The Seller has agreed to refund me the money but wants me to ship the purse back to her BEFORE she gives me the refund.   I had already escalated the Dispute to a Claim through PayPal.   I asked Paypal if it would be ok to return the purse --- haven't heard from them.   Should I go forward with returning the purse or wait to hear what I should do through Paypal? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Helpme1215, and welcome to the forums!

Working with your seller is great, and if your seller is willing to work with you, it's even better! One thing to make sure of is that you don't sacrifice your protection to do so. A good seller will be understanding about that if you mention it.

Once a dispute or claim has been opened, in order to make best use of your coverage, you want to follow the instructions in the Resolution Center to the letter. If the seller would like to agree to a refund after return, they can indicate that on their side within the claim in the Resolution Center.

It's really the best option for both parties to do everything through the Resolution Center. That way, the seller has their willingness to work with you on record, and you have your protection.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.