Responses to How does PayPal protect me as a seller?

ikeman56
New Community Member

Dear Papal,

I had a customer say that I sold him a item that he received that wasn't what I describe. I have no idea why he filed the claim, since I put on my description that I will refund the money if the customer isn't happy. I have 100% feedback and I do everything I can to keep that status. I emailed the customer. Told him to send the item back and I will OK the refund, but told him to go thought me first. No responds to 4 email. I escalated the claim just like paypal instructed me and they refunded his money WITHOUT evidence of shipping the item back. NOT FAIR to a long time customer. I've sent 3 emails to the buyer via the email Paypal sent me with no responds. I find out from 2 other seller that the buyer is a con and will do this repeatedly till Paypal and the Seller stop trust him. HOW IS THAT FAIR!

Ike

Hello (seller),

After careful consideration of the evidence provided in the case detailed
below, we have completed our investigation and decided in favor of the
buyer. Under terms of our User Agreement, we have debited the following
amount from your PayPal account as a refund to the buyer: $91.95 USD

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Buyer's name: (buyer)

Transaction ID: 74539407T07720022

Transaction date: Dec 7, 2010
Transaction amount: $91.95 USD
Your transaction ID: 4UE39029JD8826221
Case number: PP-001-171-965-011

Refund amount: $91.95 USD

Login to Me Too
98 REPLIES 98

ptpatty
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to do just that. something has got to roll here. How does someone even appeal a case as a seller? There doesn't seem to be any avenues for this. Just a vicious circle.

Login to Me Too

valleygems
New Community Member

I finally got tired of ebay and paypal favoritism, as a seller you have NO rights.  Buyers don't have to prove their not as described claims or anything.  Last week I cancelled my Store front and will no longer sell or buy through Ebay & Paypal.  Right now I have a hold on my Paypal account because the buyer in Italy filed a non-delivery claim.  The item is setting in Italian customs and she refuses to cancel the claim.  The so called final straw!

Login to Me Too

wa3ha2011
Contributor
Contributor

If the item sold is sitting customs and the buyer refuses to acept delivery.  If you can find this information out why can't e-bay or pay-pal and why does e-bay & pay-pal refuse to investtigate this matter. after all their duties do not end until the sale is complete. As tothis I'm now refusing to do any buss. out side the U.S. It sounds as if E-bay and pay-pal don't care as long as they are paid! As a seller you got **bleep**ed & I know a few buyer who have been done simerly. I feel your pain. wa3ha2011

Login to Me Too

wa3ha2011
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response to how do I protect myself as a seller. Actually sellers and buyers both need some type of resource when conflicts arise. Both E-Bay & Pay-Pal make enough money from items sold through E-Bay. I 'm not saying this is a bad service, its not most people are very pleased with how the system works. That's because in most cases everything works smoothly; however, in the few cases someone makes a mistake. The product doesn't arrive or the payment fails to arrive E-Bay & Pay-Pal doesn't seem to have a solution. It appears their system run on an automated system you are dealing with a computer. How do you deal with a computer? For the average problem this maybe OK. But when 2 people have a conflict it should be resolved by person to person. The system-bay has sit up is a good one but it has become to inversions, an automated system will not settle most personal conflicts between persons. Also it seems that when a complaint is made the 1st person to complain is taken, at their word, that is to be right without any proof. In most cases a persons rep. Can be **bleep**ed before they know a problem exist. Both sellers & buyers get messed up with a system like this one. Add a real person to the complaint department!

Login to Me Too

igotcha
Contributor
Contributor

I had a buyer in Canada that claims the package came broken.  I never received any photos of the broken item or the item returned.  The ebay auction states that the buyer needs to return the item in 3 days, does paypal even care about rules of the auction?  Three weeks past the auction and never received anything back from the buyer and then I get a charge back.  The buyer did not request any insurance and was shipped from USA to Canada.  How is it I am charged for an item that has not been returned to me.  How do I know that the buyer didnt drop the item and break it himself if it was well packaged?  The item still has value even if it was broken, so he gets to keep the item and get his money back?  How does that work?

Login to Me Too

wa3ha2011
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought an item on e-bay & used pal-pal to pay for this item. The seller said they never received payment for the item & filed a dispute against me for non payment. Now some sellers won't deal with me over this. 44n7169den8292826 is the trana. I.D. I paid for this item days before the last day to pay , sent a copy of the payment to the seller, and I tried to open comm. to seller but seller would only respond to I never received any funds. I want this blemish removed from my payment history.  There are other factors regarding this matter as to why I didn't catch the problem soner; however, there should not have been a problem in the first place. I do have a recept showing the payment was made on 4-3-11. Thank you, wa3ha2011

Login to Me Too

inkansascity
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal  ALWAYS protects the buyers!  I sold an item that was in perfect condition. The winning bidder got it home - said it got to her broken - mailed it back and filed a claim. It was NOT the item I sold her, but similar. I BEGGED paypal to let me send them the item - so they could see it for themselves - that it was not the same as pictured in my auction - but of course they decided to close the case in the buyer's favor. Now the woman has a very nice item - her money back- and I have junk.  BABY THE BUYER!!  That should be paypal's slogan as they sure do not care about the sellers. . .

Fair? No way.

Login to Me Too

ptpatty
Contributor
Contributor

It's an open invitation for every con artist out there. No safe guards at all . Even when you do all the right  things , there own  rules don't apply for the seller. Time to find a new Avenue!... I got nothing back with my returned item. Just an empty box.

Login to Me Too

apblndp1
New Community Member

I am nervous now after reading all of these posts. I have had one claim in the past after ups dropped and broke a computer i sold. instead of opening a claim with ups, (which I did), the buyer opened a chargeback through paypal and won, even though ups admitted to damaging the item, paypal sided with him....this time around I sold a new droid phone to a buyer who received it, says it worked  and looked great as described, activated it perfectly...and then claims it started "power cycling" multiple times two days in a row, and now wants to return it for a refund. I know the phone worked perfectly when I sold it and shipped it, and I am afraid he broke it and just wants to return it and i will be stuck with a broken phone I can't sell....guess i will have to wait until I start fighting the claim..but how can I prove the phone worked perfectly when I sold it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.