Paypal won't release funds from claim

Stephj333
Contributor
Contributor

An automated claim for possible unauthorized charge by Paypal put $4000 into a temporary hold on my account two days ago.  I am the seller.  Since then I have had the buyer call in and verify the purchase, and change his password and update personal information at their request.  I spoke to someone at Paypal yesterday who told me that everything was in order and the funds should be released last night.

Today it is still in a hold.  I call paypal again and the person I spoke with was somewhat rude and kept ignoring me when I repeatedly told him that the buyer called to verify the purchase.  I even told him that a Paypal agent told me that everything was good to go and the funds were set to be released.  He just kept repeating that the buyer must call them to verify.  WTF?

This is a huge amount of money for me and I don't know why they're refusing to release it.  I'm starting to believe like everyone else here that they're doing it on purpose for their own gain. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Stephj333
Contributor
Contributor

Also adding that I have been a paypal account holder for ten years now.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If the agent you spoke with had a thick accent I would call again and this time ask to be transferred to a U.S. call center.  The fact you listed the response was rude makes me think you were in touch with the Malaysian call center.  All I have found them useful for is wasting time :(.

Login to Me Too

Stephj333
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I did just call back and spoke with someone else.  This person was much more helpful and said that they had it noted that the buyer called yesterday but they didn't have it noted that he verified the purchase - there was no info on what they talked about in the records.  So they want him to call again.  This is just very unprofessional on Paypal's part and makes me look bad as a seller.

Login to Me Too

AlienALX
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get that $4000 back? I am in a similar situation myself. A buyer may have made an unauthorized payment. Your feedback/guidance in the matter would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.