Paypal does not protect sellers agains chargebacks

AngelsBridal
Contributor
Contributor

I own a custom made bridal business. All of my dresses are handmade and made to order. I suffered through a few charge backs last year. One, a bride found a dress at the goodwill,,,,told me so, then filed a chargeback because she wanted her money back for the dress I spent months on because she found a much cheaper one last minute! Another because a bride didn't like the color on her after approving the dress and color before shipping! And this last one after a buyer agreed to all shop policies, signed a CONTRACT agreeing to a no return no refund policy, the dress was exactly like she ordered she approved final photos, she ordered the dress in June, received it in Sept, her wedding was in November, then she forced the chargeback in December. This is OBVIOUS FRAUD but in not one of these cases even having the buyer sign a contract thinking it would protect me, did paypal protect me against the chargeback. It's ridiculous. Can you please tell me what the ******* PayPal consideres a wrongful chargeback if that is not a wrongful chargeback?

But get this,,, I filed a dispute for an item not as described when a seller on Ebay plainly listed professional photos of an item that she did not make then hodge podge put together something that looked like a kindergarten student tried to assemble and my claim was settled in favor of the seller???????????????

Is there any kind of payment or card processing company I can go through other than paypal who will protect me against chargebacks?

I have been using paypal for several years,,, I have given them enough of my money for NOTHING!

Oh and the buyer still has the dress.

I read on forum for a credit card company, a rep for the credit card company stated that Paypal get more in fee's if they find in favor of the credit card company instead of the seller. The card company pays them a fee and the seller has to pay a fee... so it's not a matter of protecting their sellers from rip off artists,,, it's all about the money!

It's very obvious is most cases when the buyer is trying to defraud a seller.. and paypal does nothing about it but allow it to happen.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

zrmw
New Community Member

sorry im in a rush and i dont really know where to write this but fellow PAYPAL SELLERS I NEED UR HELP!

i just recieved a Buyer dispute email in the morning from a woman i sent perfume to over 1 month ago. she sent me NO message or ANY indication of the item not being recieved prior to this dispute email so i was pretty shocked. Obviously i sent her a reply ASAP and i just checked my email just then and now she has turned it into a CLAIM without any response at all! to tell you the truth im pretty furious as WHY should i have to giver her a refund when i sent it (and my mum SAW me post it) and it was sent via regular AUSTRALIAN POST PREPAID SATCHEL BAG (so no ID number) but i did offer registered post but she was too STINGY to pay for registered post with an ID number. she lives in queensland and during that week there was the queensland flooding. so maybe im thinking it got lost on the way OR she is just trying to get her money back & scam me! does anyone know how i can actually have my say to paypal to fight this dispute as i can no longer have any say to her. im soo furious right now as i have done the right thing all along and now it looks like im gonna get **bleep**ed over by her! please help!

@AngelsBridal wrote:

I own a custom made bridal business. All of my dresses are handmade and made to order. I suffered through a few charge backs last year. One, a bride found a dress at the goodwill,,,,told me so, then filed a chargeback because she wanted her money back for the dress I spent months on because she found a much cheaper one last minute! Another because a bride didn't like the color on her after approving the dress and color before shipping! And this last one after a buyer agreed to all shop policies, signed a CONTRACT agreeing to a no return no refund policy, the dress was exactly like she ordered she approved final photos, she ordered the dress in June, received it in Sept, her wedding was in November, then she forced the chargeback in December. This is OBVIOUS FRAUD but in not one of these cases even having the buyer sign a contract thinking it would protect me, did paypal protect me against the chargeback. It's ridiculous. Can you please tell me what the ******* PayPal consideres a wrongful chargeback if that is not a wrongful chargeback?

But get this,,, I filed a dispute for an item not as described when a seller on Ebay plainly listed professional photos of an item that she did not make then hodge podge put together something that looked like a kindergarten student tried to assemble and my claim was settled in favor of the seller???????????????

Is there any kind of payment or card processing company I can go through other than paypal who will protect me against chargebacks?

I have been using paypal for several years,,, I have given them enough of my money for NOTHING!

Oh and the buyer still has the dress.

I read on forum for a credit card company, a rep for the credit card company stated that Paypal get more in fee's if they find in favor of the credit card company instead of the seller. The card company pays them a fee and the seller has to pay a fee... so it's not a matter of protecting their sellers from rip off artists,,, it's all about the money!

It's very obvious is most cases when the buyer is trying to defraud a seller.. and paypal does nothing about it but allow it to happen.

Login to Me Too

lawyerboy122
New Community Member

I have been a buyer on ebay for a long time. I have just recently started selling very rare comics around the world. I just found out that PayPal does not protect sellers against buyers who say that they have not received the goods unless you had registered post.

Now I offer insurance and registration as part of my ads, however it seems that this does not matter to PayPal. Nor does it seem to matter that I am loosing comics worth thousands of dollars because the buyer has elected to be cheap.

It has basically left me in the position where all new ads, I will require everyone, no matter where it is in the world, to have registered post.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Login to Me Too

penn2325
New Community Member

Hi we are doing a lot of paypal sales a month we had a few disputes latly we won them by the dispute becouse there was no reason the buyer should win them but then the costomeres made a chargeback we had one from $4000

we have syubmited all the information then paypal came back that will not be able to fight it becouse there is nothing to be done we have shipped all the items to tyhe costomer and they claim that there is nothing to be done that was after we won the claim with paypal and they agreed that we are right

we had a few more chargebacks and paypal claims that they are working on it but there is no hope to get anythiing back they dont loss anything and they will do nothing for you

i have no hope any more i hope i will find a better way one day or paypal will start working on chargebacks as they should

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.